We have some fantastic volunteering opportunities at our Leeds Sub Regional Centre.
We’re looking for some assistant warehouse volunteers to join the team at Leodis Court, Leeds.
FareShare Yorkshire works in partnership with the UK’s largest food charity, FareShare. We are part of a network of 25 regional centres located across the UK, of which we operate three (Barnsley, Leeds and our Yorkshire Storage HUB).
We are a community of independent charities, all fighting the same issues: hunger, food insecurity issues and food waste. Over 270,000 tonnes of perfectly edible surplus food is thrown away each year. We want to see that food put to good use.
FareShare Yorkshire was formed in 1998 to help tackle the food poverty issues across the county by redistributing surplus food across the region. FareShare Yorkshire source and redistribute quality, in date surplus food which would otherwise have go to waste, we turn an environmental problem into a social solution.
We need some individuals to join the team as assistant warehouse volunteers. The hours are Monday to Friday, 8am-4pm.
- All aspects of day-to-day warehouse duties.
- Handling food on a regular basis.
- Picking and packing food orders to send out to our community food members.
- Loading and unloading vehicles.
- General cleaning duties, in line with a cleaning rota.
- Relevant training as per induction.
- Have a good degree of physical ability as tasks involve bending, lifting and stretching.
To apply, click here.