Our Training Programme
As a result of grant funding, we can currently train local unemployed people in Barnsley and Leeds. Over an 8-12 week programme people learn valuable skills and gain relevant experience in food logistics operations.
A dedicated mentor is provided to help people gain the confidence, skills, qualifications and volunteering that will drastically improve their prospects of securing paid work.
We support people to overcome any barriers they are facing when it comes to moving into work as well as helping with soft skills such as timekeeping, language, personal hygiene and team-working.
– Training in Manual Handling, Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
– Forklift truck classes with a theory and practical test so people can achieve recognised qualifications in operating Counterbalance and Reach trucks (they must pass a brief assessment)
– PPE such as a high-visibility jacket, safety boots and gloves
– The opportunity to provide food for the most vulnerable people in Yorkshire at Yorkshire’s largest food charity.
A number of our service users have been working with FareShare on the Pathways to Employment programme. They have been completing a course in Level 1 Warehousing as well as Fork Lift training. This has not only provided them with qualifications but also an increase in their confidence.
Matthew Southcott, Employment Coordinator for Royal Mencap
For anyone who is looking improve their job prospects and would be committed to completing this programme you would need to:
1) Attend an induction where they will receive certificates in manual handling and food safety/hygiene.
2) Help us to understand their ambitions and any barriers to employment so we can do our utmost to help.
3) Sit down with us at the end of the programme to get their feedback.
4) Commit to attending 3 full days a week for at least 8 weeks, display good behaviour and act safely.
To find out more about this opportunity please contact Mark Hague our Training Manager: email@example.com