Our Award-Winning Training Programmes
As a result of grant funding from some amazing partners, we offer an array of different training and employability programmes in our Barnsley and Leeds warehouses. We provide on-the-job experience and mentoring in a food logistics operation, including accredited forklift truck permit training in a Gold Standard warehouse.
A dedicated member of staff is provided to help people gain the confidence, skills, qualifications and experience they need to drastically improve their prospects of securing paid work. We also support with soft skills such as timekeeping, language, personal hygiene and team-working.
Many individuals who have joined the programmes have benefitted from lots of support and most had either never worked before, or not for a long time.
- Training in Manual Handling, Health & Safety and Food Hygiene.
- Forklift truck training with a theory and practical test, so people can achieve recognised qualifications in operating Counterbalance and Reach trucks.
- Brand new PPE such as a high-visibility jacket, safety boots and gloves.
- The opportunity to provide much-needed food for almost 400 charities and organisations each week at Yorkshire’s largest food charity.
“The Employability project is a fantastic resource for people of all ages. At Royal Mencap we have referred people to gain the skills and confidence that they desperately lack to help them move forward into employment.
Having the resource at FareShare Yorkshire that builds their skills further in an initially smaller and calmer environment is amazing. They gain the warehouse experience needed and the opportunity to gain their forklift licences gives them a massive jumpstart.
These young people have only been on the course for a short period of time, but you can already see how much the course has changed them for the good. They seem to have developed confidence and optimism.”
Rebbecca Burrell, Employment Facilitator at Royal Mencap
For anyone looking to join our programme, you’d need to:
1) Attend an induction, where you will get the opportunity to take part in manual handling and food hygiene training.
2) Help us to understand your ambitions and any barriers to employment so we can do our utmost to help.
3) Sit down with us at the end of the programme to get your feedback.
4) Commit to attending your agreed timetable, display good behaviour and act safely.
To find out more about this opportunity please contact Mark via: [email protected]