We offer a free Employability programme at FareShare Yorkshire at our sites in Barnsley and Leeds thanks to the support of our funding partners.
This programme gives people an opportunity to gain skills and experience in warehousing and gain industry recognised qualifications.
Our programme includes;
- Around 12 weeks work experience – this is based on 16 hours per week but can be flexible,
- Full induction including Manual Handling and Food Safety Training,
- A PPE kit (Work boots and High Vis) which is your own to keep after the programme,
- Travel costs reimbursed,
- A dedicated mentor,
- Upon successful completion of the programme trainees will also receive accredited training in the operation of a Forklift Truck,
- FareShare Yorkshire has developed progression pathways with our suppliers for learners to progress in to work if ready.
Trainees will be working with a diverse team of staff and volunteers in a real operating warehouse and gain hands on experience in how the logistic’s sector works. You will also have opportunities to learn lots of new skills and develop existing skills by receiving training and supervision whilst working in the warehouse. You will be a part of the team at FareShare Yorkshire, supporting the charity’s work helping redistribute surplus food for vulnerable people across Yorkshire.
Criteria for Trainees to be eligible:
- To have little or no work experience.
- Have a desire to learn new skills, meet new people through working in a team.
- Want to progress into further training or employment
This programme has been running successfully for over 5 years and has been recognised as Best Practise by the Learning and Work Institute.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01226 213255.