We offer a Traineeship programme at FareShare Yorkshire in Barnsley, giving young people, between the age of 19 and 24 an opportunity to gain skills and experience in warehousing and gain industry recognised qualifications.
The offer of the Traineeship will include;
- 8 weeks work experience – this is based on 16 hours per week but can be flexible,
- Full induction including Manual Handling and Food Safety Training,
- A PPE kit (Work boots and High Vis) which is your own to keep after the course,
- Travel costs reimbursed,
- A dedicated mentor,
- Training tailored to enable you to achieve a QCF Level 1 Award in Warehousing and Storage and to advance your Maths & English.
- Upon successful completion of the programme trainees will also receive accredited training in the operation of a Forklift Truck,
- FareShare Yorkshire has developed progression pathways with our suppliers for learners to progress in to work if ready.
Trainees will be working with a diverse team of staff and volunteers in a real operating warehouse and gain hands on experience in how the logistic's sector works. You will also have opportunities to learn lots of new skills and develop existing skills by receiving training and supervision whilst working in the warehouse. You will be a part of the team at FareShare Yorkshire, supporting the charity’s work helping redistribute surplus food for vulnerable people across Yorkshire.
Criteria for Learners to be eligible:
- 19 – 24 years of age.
- To have little or no work experience.
- Not to have achieved a full Level 3 Qualification.
This programme has been running successfully in Leeds and has recently been recognised as Best Practise by the Learning and Work Institute.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01226 755624.